I was interviewed recently by Company Director, the magazine of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
The interview was about innovation, and how that has driven the development and growth of Digivizer.
Here are some of the lessons I’ve learned in the journey so far, as discussed with journalist Stuart Ridley:
- build for scale
- ensure your differentiation, and do everything you can to maintain that
- back yourself and know it’s OK to face challenges – as long as you learn from them
- be prepared to disrupt what you’ve done previously – to go after the bigger prize and opportunity (we’ve pivoted a number of times)
- be prepared to accept new challenges – especially if you move from a corporate position to starting your own business
- innovation comes from experimentation – build that into your company’s culture, and allow your teams to test, fail and learn
- be prepared to take risks
You can read the interview here. I’d love to hear your thoughts – contact me via LinkedIn.